The Grosse Pointe Library Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Grosse Pointe Public Library.
A library is more than a brick and mortar building filled with books. It is also a community of people who live to invest in our youth, who read for knowledge and fun, and who are ready to include anyone who walks through the door.
Through the generous support of individual donations, charitable trusts, and community partnerships the Grosse Pointe Library Foundation provides vital funding to the library to support the extra programs and resources that make our library system great!
We are governed by a volunteer board composed of committed individuals with diverse personal, academic, and professional backgrounds who share a passion for our library and an abiding love for the Grosse Pointe community. The Foundation employs an Executive Director and Coordinator, and is overseen by the Library Board of Trustees.
Because of our donors we are able to support the Library through the Annual Fund and the sponsorship of many events throughout the year including Books on the Lake, the children’s Summer Reading Program, the Senior Symposium program series for adults, and much more!
Read the Latest Library Pointes
Read the Summer 2015 edition of Library Pointes – the tri-annual newsletter of the Grosse Pointe Public Library!
June 16, 2015
Celebrate Summer Reading!
Enjoy a cool drink, a great dinner, or some yummy treats from Panera and your purchase will support the Grosse Pointe Public Library!
Download the flyer or show it at check out on your smart phone – to get the donation you must show them the flyer.
Save the Date! - September 26, 2015
Black Tie Gala at the Central Library
Libraries Change Lives – Your Donation to the Annual Fund Makes a Difference!
Your gift allows us to continue to serve our community through the wonderful programs and resources the Library provides.
A gift to the Annual Fund provides direct funding for:
- Summer Reading Program enrolling over 1,000 children annually
- Reader Dogs providing weekly therapy for children with reading difficulty
- STEP afterschool program offering daily enrichment classes for middle schoolers
- Senior Symposium programming series addressing the needs and interests of older citizens
- Ancestry.com the premier genealogy research database
Your contribution also supports exciting special events and programs such as:
- Books on the Lake – annual author luncheon bringing nationally acclaimed writers to a sellout crowd of 300 at the beautiful Grosse Pointe Yacht Club.
- Remembering Hudson’s – with special guest Joe Hudson, and documentary and memorabilia provided by the Detroit Historical Society, this program drew a standing room only crowd of over 425 people.
- Breuer Preservation Program Series – featuring legendary designer Ruth Adler Schnee, a trip to the DIA with lecture by Associate Curator Becky Hart, and hands on crafts for kids, more than 450 adults and children participated in programs highlighting midcentury art and architecture.
If you would like to help make your Library even better with a tax-deductible contribution to the Annual Fund, please enter the amount in the field below and add it to your cart. You will check out through PayPal.