You Have the Power to Make Our Libraries Great!
Since 2003, the Grosse Pointe Library Foundation has received private donations to benefit our Libraries.
Libraries are great equalizers – where people freely use valuable and diverse
resources. Grosse Pointe residents can join together to ensure that even in these difficult times, we have access to the resources from our Library System.
You can donate to the general fund or choose to support a specific resource. This is what your gift can help purchase:
- One gift of $60 can purchase two music CD’s and one DVD
- One gift of $100 can purchase five children’s picture books
- One gift of $250 can purchase two audio books on CD and two non-fiction books
- Youth – Reader Dogs, Born to Read Program, Puppets and Children’s Author Visits
- Teens – Exam Study Programs, Video Game Tournaments, Concerts for Teens
- Seniors – Large Print Books, Senior Symposium
The millennium has brought with it a new normal when it comes to technology. In addition to offering free use of computers, free wireless internet in all three branches, and tech-enabled meeting facilities, the library is racing to keep up with the demand for e-reader books and services.
Grosse Pointe Local History Project
In a combined effort with the Grosse Pointe Historical Society, we have a goal of providing a Local History Section at Central Library, as well as making digital reproductions available on the Library’s website. This project includes the cataloging and storage of thousands of original blueprints from homes in all five Grosse Pointes.
Preserving Great Art
The library’s art collection is valued at well over $1.5 million. Donations will be used to preserve our wonderful works of art, such as the Calder mobile, Kandinsky tapestry, and the Matter Mural at Central Branch.